Monday, August 08, 2011

Little Wing. Big Book.

Hey. What's the word? Jimi.

I can't believe I am so late in doing this. I wanted to write up a sweet review of the amazing Jimi: Sounds Like A Rainbow, by Gary Golio and Javaka Steptoe. Well, I missed the train and a Coretta Scott King Illustrator Honor, NY Times Bestseller list, Kirkus Best Children's Books of the Year, etc, etc, etc, ... anyway, you get the picture. This book is on FIRE>>>>>>



Go check out Gary's site: http://www.garygolio.com


He has got a new book out about Bob Dylan now,


...plus an upcoming 2012 book about one of my all time favorite human beings ever to feel the breath of God, John Coltrane! A kid's picture book on JC. Life just got a little better!



Anyway, I am really digging his work and I think you should, too.

Lemme leave you with a little taste of something special, alright?

Peace.

Jesse