Sunday, June 06, 2010

Hope for Haiti, October 2010


I am officially finished with Hope for Haiti.

I overnighted all the art away to NY on Thursday afternoon. I want to plop down into a couch and chhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.
But.... that is not gonna happen. I am furiously finishing some sketches for Ghetto Cowboy and so, as I have been reminded so often throughout my life, there is no rest for the wicked. (Maybe in July.)

But it is nice to see my babies fly fly away. Much easier than seeing my big baby fly away. Clay is graduating HS next week, and turning 18. And I just had a mini heart attack just now thinking that I have an 18 year old. Dear Lord! The time machine is set to Fast Forward, I think.

whew. ok. breathe.

Anyway, I wanted to share a few images from the book before I start balling my head off about my grown up baby. These are quick shots I took with my on-its-way-out camera so forgive the lack of clarity and color accuracy. Still, I want to give a sneak peek.





I want to thank my most amazing colleague for her help... who's kidding who- this book would not have happened without her. Deb Lund, who as many of you know as an awesome children's book author, happens to be the mom of some pretty great models. Their unique character was so helpful to me in creating these images. Thank you Deb! Also, thank you to Beshir and Ricky for being great models as well. I am a lucky illustrator to have such great faces to work from.

More to come soon.