Sunday, March 28, 2010

Hope For Haiti




coming this October...

Hope for Haiti is the first picture book that I have written as well as illustrated. I am so excited because since I was a tiny boy looking at the photos my dad used to bring home from his job as a designer for World Vision, Intl., I have wanted to do something to help the situation in haiti. And finally, I have an opportunity to do so. The publisher has graciously agreed to donate a portion of the book sales to Save the Children's active relief work in Haiti. And, because when the earthquake hit I was so poor I could only send ten bucks, now I will be able to donate a portion of my advance as well. And to top it off, I get to work with the lovely and wise, Cecilia Yung, who I have been so grateful to get to know over the last five or six years. Her insights and experience have helped me to craft this book into something I am proud of. She, my wordsmith editor, Susan Kochan, and my new agent, Rubin Pfeffer, have been supportive and encouraging in this process.

But, alas, I am getting ahead of myself. I still have to finish the art. So, while I do that, you go check out the book trailer. I found it online here at B&N: Link



*unfinished artwork. Will update with the finished work when I can.