Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Under Way

My first photo shoot for the upcoming picture book went so well. Thanks to the families and models who helped me get some great reference material to work with. I loved letting my wife and dad take some pics while we just played soccer.

And what a day. Sun from ear to ear.

I was lucky/blessed to find some great Haitian models for my book. Since the book is about kids who live in Haiti, I am pleased with the special connection. And so close to my home, just a ferry ride away.

I am grateful for how much of this book's process is falling right into place. Often I have to struggle and fight to get things to fit. But this story is determined to be a book and it is bending fate to accomplish its goal. I am happy just to be watching it all unfold.

More soon...