Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Freaks and Geeks


I love Superbad and Funny People and lots of those movies but THE best work Judd Apatow has done yet is the show, Freaks and Geeks. 

If you have never seen it, it is a charming, sweet, vulnerable show.
You can see the roots of all of the other Apatow movies in this show. But this is the best of it. 
Check them out on google video. And if you do, just give it fifteen minutes or so. Slowish to start, but you kinda get hooked right in to the characters through the actors' amazing young performances. Bill, pictured above, is the MAN. If you don't know, now you know. 


This is the Pilot. Check it out or don't. Whatever. 
But if you end up liking it, let me know. 

Cause, seriously, I liked it enough to post about it on a freaking blog. (Guess that answers which category I fall into.... ha!)

Honestly, at one point in the last episode of the show, when "Ripple" starts playing, I just lose it. Such a beautiful story, so well told. Aw, damn. 

Gotta go. Got something in my eye.