Monday, November 26, 2007

Secret Glimpse At My New Show

Here is the first of a new body of work for an art show at Northwind Gallery in January and Sweet Laurette's in February. It is new and playful. In fact, the title of the show at Northwind Gallery is Playground. As I was working on lots of weird art trying to find the spark, I could not figure out the playground thing. Then it dawned on me that MY playground is the ocean and waves. And so I did this biographical show about my life as a Northwest Surfer.
Enjoy. Shaka.

"Tunnel Vision at North Beach"
Ink and Acrylic on Wood Panels, 36" x 36"

"Deliberation at Stumps"
Ink and acrylic on curved wood panel, 23" x 18"
"Deep Creek Delusion"
Ink and Acrylic on wood siding, 11" x 28.25""Brown Point"
Ink and Acrylic on 70's era peel and stick Linoleum Tile, 12" x 12"

"Usually Missing From The Washington Surf Scene"
Ink and Acrylic on Surfer Magazine, 8" x 10.5"
"Waxing Slow To Postpone Drowning"
Ink and Acrylic on Surfer Magazine, 8" x 10.5"
"Out-Waiting The Sun For The Last Wave At Elwha"
Ink and acrylic on shiny Wood, 15.5" x 17"