Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Mighty Chess Rumble


Seriously, people, this is my favorite book yet. Mad props to Greg for penning it so well. It is not preachy or didactic, just painful, real and joyful. I have read books in "dialect" or whatever, before and they can come off as very distasteful. This book feels more like a slow freestyle, rapping through the pages of a diary. It feels like part graphic novel, part picture book, part diary of a thug, part poetry. I don't know, I just love it and want to see it get some love out there. (speaking of love, Time Square is a pretty good place to start:)


Please help this book get the recognition I feel it deserves. Buy one for yourself and more for gifts. Ask bookstores and libraries about ordering it. And have Greg and/or I come do a presentation or signing at your school, library and bookstore.

Thank you,

Jesse