Sunday, September 16, 2007

Tribute to the real Reggae Fathers

These are really old paintings I did back a while. A good example of how my talent has grown the more I do this. So, while the technique and skill may have lacked in some of these, the vibe was there.
So I put them up here to just show some love for the soldiers who worked out the music from the ghetto and raised the child of reggae into the man it is now.

Joe Higgs

Big Youth

Winston Rodney (Burning Spear)
"Knowledge is power. If it is not applied properly to create, let there be no doubt, it will destroy." - Haile Selassie I

Horsemouth
"Just as a farm that is not taken care of cannot be free of weeds, so also is the development of a society." - Haile Selassie I

Bunny Wailer

"Education and the quest for knowledge stops only at the grave." - Haile Selassie I

Pablo Moses

Don Carlos

"Develop a healthy pursuit of life and do not limit your efforts to satisfying your selfish desires." - Haile Selassie I

The Mighty Diamonds

The Itals