Sunday, September 16, 2007

Haile Selassie I - His Words and Mine for Iraq and for You

"Because peace cannot reign in an atmosphere reeking with poverty and hunger, we must explore and strengthen the means of feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, and enlightening the illiterate," -Haile Selassie I


When I see photos like this my heart breaks. Most of the time I don't look at them. I certainly don't post them on my site. But this is cutting my soul and convicting me of the fact that I am letting this happen with no protest.
This breaks my heart, not only because I have a son this age and I can not imagine what I would do if I had to deal with this, but because this boy in the picture IS my son and my brother. This boy is your child. Our child. Our little playing toddler, just learning how to laugh, run, climb, play. Who's head was filled with stories, games and love for his parents and NOT filled with greed, deceit, oil, money.

WAKE UP MY FAMILY, MY FRIENDS. This is not just sound coming through the TV that we are all used to and therefore not entertained by anymore. This is our SON lying DEAD. And WHY!?

Well, Why?

There is no US and Them. Who is an enemy, when in ten years they become an ally? This is politics, it always has been. Armies know this. Leaders know this. It is you and I - the masses who are whipped up into the idiocy of war, as if it was a football game. This is why there are photos of Rumsfeld with Sadam, smiling, shaking hands in the eighties. And Osama? He was an ally. We paid him and trained him. Now he is an enemy. And Qadafi? An enemy fifteen years ago. Today he is an ally.

So who is the enemy? I say unto you, WE ARE THE ENEMY. The real enemy is within. Selfishness, greed, pride, lust, hate, bitterness, envy. This is the enemy. That is why changing governments or societies has never solved the problem. So what is the solution?
God help us. God give us mercy, empathy, and broken hearts for all our children.

A scripture for America to keep in mind: Matthew 24: 45"Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? 46It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns. 47I tell you the truth, he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 48But suppose that servant is wicked and says to himself, 'My master is staying away a long time,' 49and he then begins to beat his fellow servants and to eat and drink with drunkards. 50The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. 51He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."