Saturday, September 15, 2007

Aw, happy reggae, how cute...

This for the people who smile and say they love reggae because it is always so happy. Aw.
Yeah, this is the real roots. Reggae born in the sting of poverty and not in rims, $40 Hats with the tag still on and reaggaeton ringtones. Not from duets with Christina or Gwen. Not from Shaggy's fake ass accent. But from the blood pumping through the living spirit of the Almighty within each man and woman who sees clearly.

"Freeman" by
Kingsounds & the Israelites

"Freeman
Oh Freeman
Free I and I
Before I be a Slave
I will S**T on Babylon's Grave
And go HOME to Ethiopia
And be FREE

Crime
No More Crime
No Slave Time Ina This a land
Instead of your old Slave Trade
Why don't you Save your SOUL from your Grave
And Go home to mount Zion
And be FREE

Freeman
Say Freeman
Free I and I
Before I be a Slave
I will S**T on Babylon's GRAVE
And Go home to Ethiopia
And be FREE"

Still smiling?