Friday, June 29, 2007

Bumbaclot!

So I watched this amazing film on the Refugee All Stars from Sierra Leone. Wickid documentary. It followed this band from the refugee camp in Guinea who had been through shit I can not even imagine. Check out their link and buy the CD. If you see the show on PBS, check it out. I was flipping through as I was painting, hoping for some background informational show like the science channel or something, but when I landed on this, I stood right there holding the remote for an hour before I even sat down. It was insane.


I try to keep a close eye on the world in trouble but like the rest of the world, I knew just a little bit about the civil war there. So, what a shock it is to see now. Seeing video of the rebels playing around with a little boy and then as he turns to leave laughing, they shoot him in the back with a machine gun. . . Seeing streets filled with the bodies of POOR PEOPLE. . . Not the rich dictators or soldiers or the white colonialists who caused much of this in the first place. . . No, you see DEAD POOR PEOPLE.

What the bloodclot is going on in the hearts of men? I think of Murumbai where 50,000 people were massacred in Rwanda and if you look it up on the internet you will only find a few links. WTF! Google Jessica Alba's ass and you will get ten thousand pages dedicated to this celebrity bullshit, but look up one of the world's worst recent massacres (other than our massacre of Palestine and Iraq) and you get nothing. This is just the state of mind of Americans in general. Give them new info on something horrific happening abroad and they will shudder then turn back on E True Hollywood Story. They don't want to hear about that kind of evil. But they will pay money to go watch some crazy pervert torture people on the big screen. And then they will go spend $14 on a seven pound hamburger and get even fatter.

Bumbaclot!